This Tuesday from 6-9pm.
Do not worry about the volunteer forms. I have not had to turn them in, they have not asked for them either. They're too busy to keep up with that stuff anyways.
For those of you who have not been there yet, here's a quick run down.
-There are a couple staff/volunteer people who know what's going on during the night. Ask them if you need something to do.
-People from the community come and attend a church service and then are served a meal afterwards.
-Last time, a couple of the ladies spent time helping watch all the kids, while their parents were in the service. Ryan and I did a lot of miscellaneous things and served food to people.
-Be prepared to help in many different ways throughout the night - it's kind of chaos.
-Wear clothes that you wouldn't mind getting a little dirty.
-Eat before you come.
The person I've been in contact with and who runs this place is Mary Beth. When you arrive, try to find her and let her know you are with the small group that came from a couple weeks ago and mention my name if you need to.
Kristin and I will not be there. I have to work an event for HealthPartners and Kristin has a doctors appointment. I am sorry we cannot go. Please go if you can. It will be worth it and they need the help.
Here are directions.
It's off Franklin Ave., just south of downtown Minneapolis. You can park in the lot next to the building.
No comments:
Post a Comment